Sunday, January 8, 2012

Savoury Leek Pie

Another recipe from the CWA cookbook received at Christmas - It's quite tasty, but I see that I could add a few other ingredients - I think it would also be more an Autumn or Winter dish, rather than served on a cool Summer's day.


Ingredients:
600ml cream
200g diced bacon
1 large onion (diced)
1 x pkt Chicken Supreme Soup mix
1/2 sweet potato (sliced)
2-3 leeks (sliced)


PreHeat Oven to 160c
Mix the cream, bacon, onion, soup mix together.
Layer the sweet potato and leeks in a casserole dish - pour the cream/soup mix over the top and stir to ensure all is covered.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until sweet potato is cooked


I omitted the onion, and as I didn't have any Supreme Soup Mix, but substituted a slow cooker pre-mix - Potato & Bacon Slow Cooker mix.  I added one chopped and browned chicken fillet.


The verdict:   Boy 1 - Mmmm- s'ok    Boy 2 - Tasty.   Hubby - You could sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of it.  - I might try that next time!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would also work with leftover snags or bbq chicken. Hide some chickpeas or lentils for extra fibre and proteins. Or go decadent and add some olives, feta and tomato for a more Euro feel.